Costs?

Our focus at Lane's End is to support our puppies to have the capacity to become therapy and service dogs, along with loving, family orientated furry family members. As such, we offer TWO price points, depending on your requirements.


Price Point 1: $3500

Puppy will leave us at 8-10 weeks of age.

Puppy will come to you with all age appropriate vaccinations, health checks, worming and flea/tick treatment and desexing. Also a detailed Puppy Culture portfolio and overview of puppy's personality and advice on further education and training


Price Point 2: $5500

This includes all of the above PLUS completion of my intensive training and socialisation course (see in FAQs) to suit the requirements of your family environment and individual needs.


Please note, you will be required to pay the 10% GST on these prices.

Your puppy will have complimentary 6 weeks of pet insurance from leaving Lane's End.


All transportation requirements will be at the buyers' expense. If flights are deemed necessary, I will coordinate this from my end and pass on the cost to you.


All monies are to be paid in full prior to the puppy leaving my care. 

image24

How do I secure a puppy with Lane’s End?

Once we have a pregnancy confirmed, we will place details on the puppies’ page and open a waiting list. You will need to complete an Application Form and ensure we have a phone conversation. Once your application is accepted, you will be required to pay a $500 deposit if you want to secure a puppy from this litter.   


Refund of your deposit will only occur if we are unable to offer what you have requested in your application, not for change of mind.  Only when the puppy is seven weeks old will we allocate to the families that have placed a deposit. We will request full payment before puppy leaves our care.

image25

Can I choose the puppy?

In short No. There is reliable research that suggests at 7 weeks of age a puppy will have a discernible personality and this why most testing for temperament is conducted from 7 weeks. 

We spend every day with our dogs and puppies and as such have a very clear idea of the traits that are being displayed. This, combined with the information you have provided about you and your family/home situation and your wish list for the puppy you want, is what we use to ensure we can do our best to place the ‘right puppy with the right family’. 


This, in our experience with this breed, is far more important than choosing based on colour or size or coat type. At six weeks’ old the puppies also have their first vet visit for health check-up and first vaccination, so you will know everything we know about your puppy.

Male or Female

Due to desexing occurring prior to maturity, apart from the obvious, there is no discernible differences in the temperament of males and females. 


Males will be slightly bigger than females of same litter. 


There is no male marking or female heats to be concerned with. Trusting us to choose the puppy with the right temperament is what counts!

image26

Why will my puppy be early-aged desexed?

This is for a variety of reasons that we have considered deeply. As we are selling companion dogs, we want to ensure that this will be the life of our dog. To create sound Australian Labradoodles takes a lot of time, money, research and resilience. 


Choosing to become a breeder is not something that we have stepped into, rather it has been years in the making, with investment in our time, our home and our way of life. The level of care and financial investment in testing and science, health and welfare are major considerations in ensuring we do our best to create sound dogs for families. We would not want this decision to be made on a whim, deciding to have a litter with two dogs that may be carrying unwanted diseases or traits that do not seek to guardian the future of the Australian labradoodle bloodlines.


If you are considering the prospect of breeding with a pup please ask me for further information. This is a totally separate process to purchasing a Lane’s End pet puppy.


https://www.rspca.org.au/sites/default/files/website/Campaigns/responsible-pet-ownership/Early%20Age%20Desexing%20Research%20Report%202010.pdf

Health Testing and Guarantee

Breeding Australian Labradoodles involves a commitment to the future of breeding stock and all the puppies produced. We use the most current science to assist us in screening all our breeding dogs for relevant diseases that may impact the origin breeds of Cocker Spaniel (American and English); Poodle and Labrador. 


We receive DNA reports from blood samples for our dogs to indicate that they are clear or carrier of a variety of diseases. This helps us to make learned decisions about specific mating choices and the prediction of outcomes.

We cannot absolutely guarantee that your dog will be free from ALL genetic diseases, as the science can only test for what it can identify at any given stage. The following  link indicates the most current that are tested for:

https://www.orivet.com/store/canine-full-breed-profile/australian-labradoodle---full-breed-profile


With regard to hip and elbow dysplasia, currently the science tells us that there is only a 20% chance of CHD (canine hip dysplasia) being a hereditary disease and an 80% chance that environmental factors affect the hip joint and ligaments during development (up to 1 year of age). We screen our breeding dogs in an attempt to minimise any hereditary impact and also work with a professor in canine biology in the USA to minimise environmental impact on the development of the hip and elbow joint from birth. 


You must understand, however, that the care and support of this issue is a dual responsibility as you take the puppies from 8 weeks’ of age and damage can still occur as they continue to grow and develop.


 There is now an early screening test and procedure called Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis (JPS). Ask your vet about this as part of research into purchasing a puppy.(https://www.southernanimalhealth.com.au/veterinary-surgery/juvenile-pubic-symphysiodesis-jps/). 


We offer a two-year genetic disease health guarantee for all our pet puppies  to give you confidence in the disease testing we undertake. Please contact us via email or phone if you require further information about this.

image27

Understanding sizes in the Australian Labradoodle


Sizing for the Australian Labradoodle is:

Miniature:

35cm - 42cm to wither OR 14-16 inches and adult weight 7kg to 13kg. 

Medium:

43cm - 52cm to wither OR 17-20 inches and adult weight 13kg to 18kg. 

Standard:

53cm to 63cm to wither OR 21-24 inches and adult weight 19kg to 30kg.

image28